A day up north...







Hey loves! So a few weekends ago me and my family traveled up north to watch my brother play rugby, but before that we drove into a little town called Rawene to stop and have a hot chocolate and something to eat. So we stopped at a little cafe that I think was called The Boat Shed, it was the cutest little cafe that sat right on the edge of the sand bank overlooking the Harbour that had a few old boats and dingys sitting out on the water. On top of the roof there was old palm tree leaves and fairy lights hanging down that gave it a Fijian look, and it had small little tables and beach chairs dotted along the deck outside ( but we didn't get to sit there because it had been raining, booo!) But the cafe was just as nice inside as it was outside, the walls were made from sheets of corrugated iron, the timber poles that held the building up were exposed, and had wood framed art hanging up on the timber. This gave it a rustic beach house look, oh and the food that I had was so yummy. I had a yummy piece of chocolate hedgehog fudge slice and a hot chocolate that had a strip of dark chocolate grated on the top.

Then we went and watched my brother play rugby, and after that we drove back to Opononi and stopped and had the freshest fish and yummy hot chips. Then we drove back home through the forest, and that was pretty much my day up north but it was so fun.

Sunsets and Salty Hair,
XO

P.s Guys I finished Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell, and may I just say that now I sorta wish there was a sequel for it. Now I am reading Me before you, I've only read one chapter and I already know that it's gonna be a good book.<3
       

Comments

  1. It looks really cool, I wouldn't like the boat though since I'm horribly sea sick!

    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it was really nice!! Lol I probably wouldn't be very good on the boat either because I get sea sick too! <3:)
      xx

      Delete
  2. That sounds like such a fun day! I love cute cafes :)
    www.ashwinnie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it was really fun, I wish I had've taken a picture of my food though because it was honestly so good!! :)<3
      xx

      Delete
  3. I love the photos and the view of the boats! Love family trips, and have fun!

    Mischelle
    http://www.nowthatschic.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really good pictures :)

    Check my blog www.sallure.blogspot.com
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts