Let's talk about...deleting people from your life.

So a couple of days ago I went with one of my best friends on a trip to go shopping and watch a movie, we had so much fun together window shopping, sipping away at a hot chocolate, and watching finding Dory! Then we got back to her place and she found out that someone was being very nasty to her online because of what she had said about them, and she was very upset and I sat there and told her that every thing would be all right and tried to make her feel a little better.

The next day I was scrolling down my insta feed and then I saw a post from her and she was saying some really nasty things about someone as well as telling them to "get the hell out of my life". So I messaged her and asked her who the post was about, and it was about... Me! 

The things that she said had really upset me, she said she wanted me out of her life so that's exactly what I did! The first thing I thought was how could a friend say something so nasty about one of her friends who had helped her out the day before and it honestly felt like I had been kicked in the stomach. I was so angry and upset as I was sitting there on the edge of my bed shaking and my head felt like it was spinning out of control trying to take in what had just happened.

So that's the story, and now this is what I did after I had tried hard to tell her my side of the story (obviously that did not work out for me)...

I realized that I did not need to be friends with a person who was always so negative towards me, and that I should surround myself with positive people who make you feel good about yourself and not the ones that want to put you down every five minutes.

Realizing that I then unfollowed all of her accounts on Instagram and blocked her on snapchat, I did this because I did not need to be seeing all of this negative stuff about people when I scroll down my feed.

The last thing that I did was tell my mum and she made me feel so much better about it, and even telling me that I did the right thing plus giving me a big hug to cheer me up.<3

By doing these three things I feel so much better now, and also I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders because I don't have a negative person trying to drag me down all the time. Also if you need a little more cheering up watch your favorite youtubers or a program on the telly that you really enjoy watching.

Sunsets and Salty Hair,
XO

P.s: Sorry I haven't been posting lately, I've been so busy but I promise I'm trying so hard to post more content. :) <3 xx

P.p.s: The photo doesn't have anything to do with the post, I just thought the flowers were really pretty!!   

  

Comments

  1. You definitely did the right thing, you dont need any of that negativity. I have learnt that you can't force people to be a part of your life. Have a lovely day.

    Zeynab
    The Beauty Load

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for letting me know that what I did was the right thing, and honestly I was getting annoyed with constantly feeling like nothing when I was around her. :)<3 xx

      Delete
  2. I'm so so sorry that your friend was so mean. I can honestly say that I have met my fair share of negative people and you definitely did the right thing. I once had a friend in 8th grade who just randomly stopped talking to me. I didn't really use social media back then, but at school I was distraught. My mom helped me through it and I made new friends. There are so many good people in this world, we do not need to dwell on those who are not there fore us. If you ever need a friend, we are all here!

    www.ashwinnie.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know it sucks, I've had many friends that are like fair weather friends; which is when your friend is only there for you on the sunny days (good days) but not there for you on the rainy days (bad days). But that's good that you have nice friends now. :)<3xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. U did the right thing and ur friend is an idiot See you soon, Kisses from London! Dominica.
    www.its-dominica.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a topic I have been dealing a lot with over the past year. It's hard but in the end I think it's worth it!

    xx, rebecca
    rbcmrm.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts